The law governing same-sex unions is changing rapidly in California. California does not recognize common law marriage, so if you live with your same sex partner you must take legal action to receive full protection under the law. To that end, some of our clients are ready to register their domestic partnership with state which will create a legal union between same sex partners, while other clients are desirous of terminating or dissolving their domestic partnership which can only be properly dissolved by the family court.